Friday, August 12, 2011

Raspberry Lemon Crumble Muffins



Wowza. I think I scored MAJOR brownie points with these muffins, recipe credit to Urban Strawberries! I cannot believe how *BEAUTIFUL* they look and I will use this crumble topping recipe for everything and anything!

My family and I went berry picking last weekend, so we had some extra raspberries on hand...and we all know lemons and raspberries are a match made in heaven.

Now, I did look through 'mini-muffin' and 'low-fat' recipes, but when you have such plump beautiful berries, and the most delicious-looking streusel crumble topping recipe in front of you, you really have to go all out with these babies! So limit yourself to one and send the rest to your neighbors! (That's what I'm doing :P)

Raspberry Lemon Crumble Muffins makes 12 muffins
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • juice of one lemon + enough milk to fill 1 cup
  • zest of half a lemon
  • 4 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 cup raspberries
Crumble Topping
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • zest of half a lemon
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1/4 cup sliced or chopped almonds (optional)
  • 2 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line or grease a 12-muffin tin.

Prepare the crumble topping: mix together sugar, lemon zest, flour, and almonds. Mix in butter until crumbly and moist. Set aside.

In a large bowl sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre.

In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk/lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil. Pour into the well of flour mixture and mix quickly until just combined and moist. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and top each muffin with crumble topping, gently pressing it onto the muffin top.

Bake 20-25 minutes (I baked mine for 23) or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of your largest muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I officially give up! I've had enough of drooling over these recipes, I'm baking a batch of these tonight! I hope they turn out looking as good as yours do :P

    ReplyDelete