Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Elvis Softserve (BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM)



Oh my gosh. I don't think I can express the excitement and JOY this recipe brought me, and I can hardly contain myself typing this post because I just want to share it with you so bad.

On my list of favourite foods (well, there are categories of course...you can't just list your favourite foods in order...) ice-cream probably ranks first. And I mean any kind of 'ice cream'; gelato, frozen yogurt, sorbet, soft serve...ahh the list goes on and on...

SOMETIMES I FEEL SO SAD. Do you know how hard it is to live the life of a food fanatic and want to constantly stay in good shape!? Haha, I'm laughing, but I'm serious. Sometimes the two just fight at each other, and one usually ends up being sacrificed for the other!

And then comes this recipe. I might even just stop buying ice cream, period. This recipe is so guilt-free it's ridiculous, and given my love for peanut butter and banana, I knew I had to try it. It has 2 ingredients. It doesn't require an ice-cream maker (I KNOW!!!). It's vegan. And to my huge surprise, it's not actually ice CREAM because there is no CREAM in this. As Novice Chef describes it, it's ass-friendly!

I can't even begin to tell you how surprised I was at how amazing and creamy it was. It had the exact texture of a soft-serve ice cream, just creamier. This recipe is so great. You just gotta like bananas!

Elvis Soft Serve Ice-Cream makes 4 servings
  • 4 extra-ripe bananas
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
Slice bananas thinly and freeze until completely frozen. In a food processor, combine frozen bananas with peanut butter and puree until smooth. You MAY need to add a tablespoon of water or milk (if you are not vegan) to get the texture you want. Serve immediately or transfer to a container and freeze until hard for a traditional scoop ice cream version. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment