Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Lulu!






Happy Sweet 16th Lulu!

Super last minute cake baking, but I hope you liked it! :) It was my pleasure making such a special birthday cake for you!

I was too excited actually, since I bought my new MARTHA STEWART icing spatula from Macy's a couple weeks ago and could not WAIT to use it. The cake is a basic white cake with fluffy vanilla-almond buttercream, if any of you were wondering!

This is just a gallery post, no recipe here, but I can definitely tell you how to do different colour layers! Just take a white cake recipe, separate the batter into however many layers you are going to make, colour each one to your preference, and bake! Make sure to cool completely and even freezing them for an hour before assembling helps too! Gradient cakes are the it-thing lately among food-bloggers, just to let you know, so many beautifully coloured cakes out there! Even rainbow layer ones!

Anyways, I hope your birthday was awesome! Happy Sweet 16th!! Love forever!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment